Still alive and unaware

Still alive and unaware
37 Weeks

Friday, January 7, 2011

The loss of my baby girl Alexis

My name is Katie....my husband and I got married August 09...he is 24. We had talked about how bad both of us wanted children but i was still in school...and in my last semester jan10-may 10 I was working part time going to school full time with an internship...so i was really busy and my birth control gave me blood clots and so before something bad happened my dr changed my birth control and my hubby and i decided just to let whatever happened happen. At easter my sisters kept asking my mom if i was preggo and i just thought with the stress that i was getting fat...well a week later just for S***s and giggles i decided to take a pregnancy test while i was at work...i work at a gas station...well it was positive. The next day i went to the dr and confirmed...we had a perfect pregnancy...at one pt my little girl jumped ahead in size so they changed my due date from dec 15 to the 5th....then 2 weeks later they changed it back...but my dr said she would come whenever she wanted...we were sooo happy...and 3 of my friends were pregnant too...we were all due just weeks apart. 2 days before my 39wk appt one of my friends gave birth to her little girl....we were so anxious. The next day i felt...odd...i was having contractions but i didnt think my little girl Alexis was moving as mush as she should so i called my dr...he said it was normal bc i was going into labor and to monitor my contractions but more than likely he would see me for my reg appt the next day...I woke up in the morning...barely slept...still worried...went to my appt...dr said ok lets plan for a induction...i said yay...how about tomorrow..(friday). He said sounds good lets check her position quick....well he checked her heart first and couldnt find it...i said i knew something was wrong...the dr said dont worry we will do an ultrasound...sometimes the contractions make it hard for this little machine...so did an ultrasound....the dr was silent...i looked at him and a tear rolled down his face....i said no...cant be...this cant be happening...please...he said im sooo sorry...idk what happened...but we will find out i promise...he left the room...i called my mom...and then my husband..but bc he was about an hr away at work...i didnt tell him what happened just that he needed to come home so we could go to the hospital. He met me at home and i told him...he hoped it was a cruel joke...it was soo hard...we went to the hospital...my 3 sisters and parents drove 2hrs to be with us the entire night while they induced my labor and made me have her naturally...no matter how much i begged they told me...it was best for me to do this....so i did...on Dec 10 at 820 am i gave birth to my stillborn 6lb 14oz daughter Alexis Marie....we cried we held her, took pictures, and said goodbye...she was sooo perfect...still dont know what happened...but we miss our baby girl...it just isnt fair...she was perfect...she was our first
We know that together we can make it through this and in the fall try to have another baby...but we will never be the same...

1 comment:

  1. Honey, this just breaks my heart. I'm keeping you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers and hoping that you get the answers you need so you can have a little peace of mind.

    Cara

    ReplyDelete