Still alive and unaware

Still alive and unaware
37 Weeks

Friday, January 21, 2011

Does anyone really care?

I love that days even a week after someone passes away everyone seems to be there for you...even people you haven spoken to for years....but a few weeks later...nothing. Doesn't anyone understand that the beginning is easy...you are numb, in shock...you dont know who you have or havent spoken to or what you have said. Its like your living on autopilot...but as the weeks go on, you slowly begin to feel, to live again and this is the hardest part. You are coming to terms with your loss...and who is there...maybe some close family members but other than that you are on your own...no one calls to see how you are doing...everyone assumes that if you need something that you will cal them....what sad and depressed person thinks...hhrmmmm im sad today im going to call someone to talk...idk about anyone else but i put myself in a shell...but i do feel better after someone calls...idk i guess knowing that someone cares and is thinking about me and her. My little Alexis deserves to be remembered...i find myself angry at people because they dont ask about me or her...i mean i know everyone just doesnt know what to say but...i dont want her to die with her death ya know....

1 comment:

  1. My friend, Trena, posted this last week:

    “Grief lasts longer than sympathy, which is one of the tragedies of the grieving.” - unknown

    So true! We will suffer this loss for the rest of our lives, as others will move on and try to forget. I think we will lose old friends and find new ones, because we aren't the same as we were before we lost our babies. Please know that even though we've never met, I think of you and Alexis every day. And I'm sure the people closest to you do too, even if they don't make an effort to tell you. Hugs, sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete